Tuesday, December 14, 2010

sweat

yesterday, i went to the mall to try and do some christmas shopping. it's ten days or so before x-mas and the place was packed. i had trouble finding a space to park but after less than an hour, i found one near the entrance to the department store.

i had no idea what to buy, so i ended up buying things for myself, some car stuff, a lemonheads cd, an allred comic book, and a ghoulish mr.t t-shirt.

before going back to the carpark, i passed by the toy section of the department store, and saw some nice miniature dinosaurs. i bought some and hoped it'd do as a gift, and bought a few for myself. i also got a couple of toys for two of my nieces. then i grabbed some diapers and checked-out.

i went to the townhouse to secure some items and some unassigned gifts from last year. i got all sweaty loading the stuff into the car, and had to change shirts. i noticed this before, but i guess i expand a lot more these days whenever i sweat. my large sized t-shirt, which fits perfectly in a normal physical condition, seemingly shrinks when my body temperature rises and i perspire. driving back to the temporary residence that very hospitably houses me, my wife and son, i had this feeling of being contained because i was snugly hugged by this fitted shirt.

sweat is triggered when the temperature is hot, but not all the time (sometimes fear and anxiety can be a factor). in this case, the relatively strenuous activity i embarked on where i labored to lift paperbags and somewhat exerted force to carry them from the living room to the parked automobile, was the main culprit for my wet condition.

the fluids i release trickle down all over my skin, then they pick a spot along the garments i wear, and wait to be absorbed. they are salty because sweat is not composed purely of water, they contain chlorides and minerals like sodium and potassium, and many others. sometimes when i sweat from my eyebrows, my eyes get irritated from from the tiny droplets washing my eyeballs.

while it is unfair that men sweat more than women, it is also quite nice to know that the male population can provide other liquids of use, specially when the world runs out due to excessive heat from the sun. however, after thinking about what i just wrote, i'd reconclude that as the water supply of the world evaporates in this apocalyptic setting i'm suggesting, so will we dry up like prunes and raisins. so, there is no point after all to this post except to admit that i got fatter, and some of my shirts don't fit anymore.

No comments: